Congratulations Lakeview Caravan Park
In 2018, the Lakeview Caravan Park was inducted into the Outback Queensland Tourism Awards Hall of Fame – and with good reason. The Park boasts ‘million-dollar views’ over beautiful Lake Fred Tritton, Jack Brown Lions Park and the Bush Tucker Gardens, and is a short walk to the famous Kronosaurus Korner and Richmond Marine Fossil Museum tourist attractions.
At Lakeview you’ll find clean, modern amenities, ensuite cabins, villas, bunkhouses, and powered and unpowered sites including 27 drive-through sites for those towing a van or driving a motorhome. The park is pet-friendly, and you’ll be welcomed by friendly staff ready to provide advice on the park, tourist attractions, and information for traveller’s needs.
Lakeview Caravan Park, located in Richmond, is situated on the Overlander’s Way, one of the most popular drives in the Outback. Starting in Townsville, the Overlander’s Way heads west through Dinosaur country to Mount Isa. Queensland’s Outback region is increasingly becoming one of the most sort-after experiences for those who are taking to the road. With wide open spaces, room for the kids to roam free, clean country air and no traffic – what could be a better destination?
Five Reasons to Visit Richmond
- Learn all about Australia’s Dinosaurs
- Experience the Overlander’s Way
- Learn about Australia’s native foods at the Bush Tucker Garden
- Enjoy fishing, swimming or picnicking on Lake Fred Tritton
- Try your hand at fossil hunting
Why we love Lakeview Caravan Park
- Million-dollar views Lake Fred Tritton
- Our four-legged friends are welcomed at this pet-friendly park
- No need to unhook with drive-through sites
- Recently renovated clean, modern amenities
- A chance to come together with their great community dinners
Best time to visit
As with all Queensland Outback destinations, Richmond is best to visit from April to October.
Check out Lakeview Caravan Park
Further information for planning a trip to Richmond, or along the Overlander’s way can be found on the Outback region.