Simon Warner Memorial Young Achiever Award
The Simon Warner Young Achiever of the Year Award is named after the late son of Life Members, Ralph and Margaret Warner. Simon was taken from us prematurely while working in the family’s caravan park in North Rockhampton in February 2002. He was awarded the first Young Achiever Award posthumously.
This award recognises a young person from within the industry who is making an impact in their business and in many cases the industry.
Nominations can be made by Young Achievers, employers or other individuals within the sector that know the young achiever well.
Young Achiever Nominees must be under the age of 30 at June 30 on the year of entry.
Criteria used to determine the winner of this award include:
- The reason the Young Achiever deserves to be recognised
- An example/s of when the Young Achiever has gone above and beyond
- Letter/s of recommendation
- Guest and/or peer feedback
Ensure the nomination includes:
- An outline of the nominee’s progression through the industry and contribution made during their employment
- A brief biography of the nominee showcasing their desired career path and any relevant training and development
- If the nominee is part of a team which has made a great achievement, specify the contribution of the nominee
- The nominee’s full name, job title, the business they are employed by
- A minimum of one written reference or recommendation. At least one of these references from the nominee’s direct supervisor or manager
- A photo of the nominee
A nomination form is available for this award however nominations do not need to be on this form as long as the criteria are met.
The winner of this Award will receive:
- The 2020 Simon Warner Memorial Young Achiever of the Year Award
- Attendance at the 2021 Caravan Industry Association of Australia National Conference including return economy airfares, three nights accommodation and $250 spending money
- A Delegate ticket to the 2021 Future Leaders Forum
- A Delegate Ticket to the 2021 CPAQ Conference
- Profile in an upcoming edition of the Parkies Post
|Year||Winner||The Park they work/ed for|
|2019||Jess Dineen||Noosa River Holiday Park|
|2016||Jermia Turner||Galaxy Caravan Park|
|2015||Danella Mitchell||FreeSpirit Resort & Holiday Park Management|
|2014||Josh Dillon||BIG4 Capricorn Palms Holiday Village|
|2013||Phillip Drayton||BIG4 Cairns Crystal Cascades Holiday Park|
|2012||Melanie Walsh||Longreach Tourist Park|
|2009||Andrew Foreman||Discovery Holiday Park Lake Maraboon|
|2008||Amanda Hinton||Capricorn Caves|
|2005||Victoria (Tory) Huth||Lilyponds Holiday Park|
|2004||Katrina Busch||Brisbane Holiday Village|
|2002||Simon Warner||Rockhampton Ramblers Motel and Caravan Park|
Conditions of entry:
Nominee must have been employed by a current financial park member of Caravan Parks Association of Queensland for a continuous period of no less than 18 months and must still be employed in the industry at the point of announcing the winner
Contractors of current financial members of Caravan Parks Association of Queensland are not eligible
The nominee must be under the age of 30 at June 30 on the year of entry.