Ray Fitton Award for Innovation
Ray Fitton was not just a life member of Caravan Parks Association of Queensland (CPAQ) and industry icon, he was an innovator.
Owner of Maroochy Palms Holiday Village, Ray was the first to install a ‘resort’ style pool complete with beach, integrated kids pool and main pool with water jets and buckets.
He also developed a kid’s program, installed a full gymnasium and offered food deliveries to guests in the “Cuisine Machine”. While these innovations may seem common now days, when Ray introduced them in his park they were real innovations!
This award will recognise a park operator that has recently introduced a real innovation within their business.
Criteria used to determine the winner of this award include:
- Uniqueness of the innovation
- Return on Investment (RoI) and/or Return on Effort (RoE)
- Potential to benefit other parks in the state
- Buy in by employees and/or contractors
- Customer and/or stakeholder feedback
- Improvement in key metrics such as turnover, occupancy or RevPAR
Nominations can be made by the business that has been turned around, industry suppliers or other individuals within the sector that know the nominated business well.
Ensure the nomination includes:
- A description of the innovation
- The reason the innovation was implemented
- Any challenges faced with the implementation of the innovation
- Cost of the innovation
- Photos of the innovation
- Results (i.e. improvements in key metrics, customer feedback, staff or contractor feedback)
- How this innovation could assist other businesses
- A current photo of the business or a copy of the business’ logo
A nomination form will be available once this award opens for nominations. Nominations do not need to be on the supplied form as long as the criteria are met.
The winner of this Award will receive:
- The 2020 Ray Fitton Award for Innovation
- Profile in an upcoming edition of the Parkies Post
- News Story on the Innovation and your business on the Members Portal of the Caravanning Queensland and In News eNewsletter
- A story about the business (not necessarily the innovation) on the Caravanning Queensland consumer site
- A complimentary 1/12th page advert in the 2021 edition of the Queensland Caravan Parks & Touring Accommodation Directory
Examples of potential initiatives:
- Introduction of a new technology to improve efficiency or guest experience
- A new feature for your sites or buildings
- An activity which has delighted and attracted guests
- In initiative to keep children in the park safe
Conditions of entry:
Nominee must be a current financial park member of Caravan Parks Association of Queensland as at 31 March 2020.