Outstanding Host Award
This award is designed to recognise the caravan park and their staff that provide amazing service to each and every guest that walks through the door.
Exceptional hospitality is something to be proud of, and it is a park feature that appreciated and regularly commented on by guests.
This award will be presented to a caravan park or caravan park employee that has received the most positive and consistent feedback about their service, showcasing that they are the most Outstanding Host.
Criteria used to determine the winner of this award include:
- Processes or procedures used to ensure consistently exemplary service
- Guest feedback
- Customer ratings on review sites including, but not limited to, TripAdvisor, WikiCamps, Booking.com, ReviewPro
- Examples of where staff have gone above and beyond for a guest
Nominations can be made by the business that has been turned around, industry suppliers or other individuals within the sector that know the nominated business well.
Ensure the nomination includes:
- A description of your policies and procedures which ensure consistently great service
- Examples of when your team have gone above and beyond for a customer/s
- Results of your great service (i.e. improvements in key metrics, customer feedback, staff or contractor feedback)
- If appropriate copies of letters of appreciation from the guests
- A current photo of the business or a copy of the business’ logo
A nomination form will be available once this award opens for nominations. Nominations do not need to be on the supplied form as long as the criteria are met.
The winner of this Award will receive:
- The 2020 Outstanding Host Award
- Profile in an upcoming edition of the Parkies Post
- News Story on the Innovation and your business on the Members Portal of the Caravanning Queensland and In News eNewsletter
- A story about the business (not necessarily the innovation) on the Caravanning Queensland consumer site
- A complimentary 1/12th page advert in the 2021 edition of the Queensland Caravan Parks & Touring Accommodation Directory
Potential examples of great service:
- Finding a way to solve a guests problem that is outside the scope of normal service at a caravan park (e.g. staying with an injured international guest when they are taken to hospital to help them through the process and assist with language barriers)
- A massive increase in your Global Review Index as a result of amazing service by your team
- An customer service activity within your park that sees guests return year after year
Conditions of entry:
Nominee must be a current financial park member of Caravan Parks Association of Queensland as at 31 March 2020.