Good Corporate Citizen Award
Caravan parks around Queensland make significant contributions to their local communities each year. The Good Corporate Citizen award allows CPAQ members to be recognised by their peers for the support they provide to their local community.
This award will be presented to a park owner/operator that has made a significant contribution to the local community within the last twelve months. This may be through a significant donation or financial contribution to a community project, hosting a community event in their park or involvement in local activities.
Criteria used to determine the winner of this award include:
- Description of the activity, including the significance and impact of the contribution
- Outcome of the contribution
- Photos of the activity
- Buy-in by employees and/or contractors and/or guest
Nominations can be made by the business that has been turned around, industry suppliers or other individuals within the sector that know the nominated business well.
Ensure the nomination includes:
- A description of the activity
- Why you chose to support this activity
- Details of staff involvement in this activity
- The impact of your support for the community
- Photos showcasing the initiative
- If appropriate copies of letters of appreciation from the community or charity
- A current photo of the business or a copy of the business’ logo
A nomination form will be available once this award opens for nominations. Nominations do not need to be on the supplied form as long as the criteria are met.
The winner of this Award will receive:
- The 2020 Good Corporate Citizen Award
- Profile in an upcoming edition of the Parkies Post
- News Story on the Innovation and your business on the Members Portal of the Caravanning Queensland and In News eNewsletter
- A story about the business (not necessarily the innovation) on the Caravanning Queensland consumer site
- A complimentary 1/12th page advert in the 2021 edition of the Queensland Caravan Parks & Touring Accommodation Directory
Examples of “Good Corporate Citizen” activities:
- In park fundraisers
- Support of a local community group
- Participation in working bee style activities
- Provision of emergency accommodation
Conditions of entry:
Nominee must be a current financial park member of Caravan Parks Association of Queensland as at 31 March 2020.