Ipswich, Queensland’s oldest provincial city, is an alluring blend of heritage charm, metropolitan sophistication and expansive green spaces. Early colonial buildings stand proud in the city centre, lovingly restored Queenslanders perch on hills and quaint townships dot the surrounding countryside.
Just 40 minutes west of Brisbane and an hour from the Gold Coast, Ipswich combines rich heritage with the energy of being the hub of today’s growth region in South East Queensland.
- Step back in time and rekindle memories of a bygone era at a great range of museums including The Workshops Rail Museum, the RAAF Amberley Aviation Heritage Centre and the Australian Motorcycle Museum.
- Uncover stories of the past in every nook and cranny along a suite of self-guided heritage trails, or jump on one of the Visitor Information Centre’s Heritage Tours.
- Get up close to nature in conservation parks and reserves – great for spotting native animals and birdlife.
- Taste the award-winning wines at the boutique cellar doors of the Scenic Rim wine trail.
- Discover a truly interactive and insightful arts experience at the Ipswich Art Gallery with its changing exhibition program and local artists and history displays.
- See native animals up close in Queens Park’s Ipswich Nature Centre – Ipswich’s own mini zoo – including a walk-through bird aviary and the endangered bilby burrow.
- Throw the fishing line in at the waterside parks along the Brisbane and Bremer Rivers.
- Visit one of the City’s regular markets to find gourmet delights, handmade jewellery, fresh local produce and lovingly crafted clothing.
Whether you’re looking for family friendly fun, outdoor adventure, adrenalin action, pure indulgence or a glimpse back to bygone days… come and Discover Ipswich.
Contact the Ipswich Visitor Information Centre on (07) 3281 0555 for your free Discover Ipswich Visitors Guide.
Ipswich Visitor Information Centre
Ph: 07 3281 0555 W: www.discoveripswich.com.au
Tourist information services for Ipswich including a series of self-guided Heritage Trail brochures.